I’m keeping my blog post very brief this week because it’s been a very full week and weekend, and things are only going to get busier from here. I don’t have as much time to write this blog post as I would have liked, but that’s because tonight, I was having too much fun creating the proposal for the podcasting panel that I mentioned in this post. The outline for it is coming along, too, and I think the panel is going to be a lot of fun to prepare and present. I have 30 more days to get ready for that.
The experimental dress I mentioned at the bottom of this post hit a bump in the road due to bad planning. I decided to go ahead and get more fabric for the skirt part. One of these days, I am going to write a blog post called “Organizing Tips for Sewing Projects.” I have a lot to say about that, based on my recent experiences.
The con this weekend was fun. I wore two costumes, one of which was the one I took pictures of in this post. I got a lot of compliments on it, and I’m pleased with how it turned out. The shoe covers worked out well, but need a couple of tweaks before the next time I wear it. It’s made entirely out of fleece, so I was nice and warm, which means it’ll be way too hot for summer cons. The next time I wear it most likely won’t be until this fall’s Anime NebrasKon.
Speaking of upcoming cons, the next two weekends are our RenFaire weekends here in the Omaha area. I plan on going on Sunday afternoon, in an appropriate-looking cosplay dress I have.